I’ve always thought that of the most powerful prayers for times of trouble is the wonderful St Jude Prayer.
St Jude, if you’re curious, was a disciple of Jesus who faced many challenges in his own life; nonetheless, he never lost faith or hope.
He’s known as the “patron saint of difficult cases and impossible causes,” because he never gave up on God, even when things were maximally bad.
He’s known for his miracles, and for his ability to help those who are struggling.
What is the St Jude Novena?
So when you, too, are faced with a difficult situation, it’s only natural to want to pray for help.
And if your goal is to find strength in tough times, then there’s no better source to turn to than St. Jude.
And what is a “novena”?
And if you’re wondering, a “novena” is a special kind of prayer that people use when they are asking for their wishes to be answered; typically, people repeat a novena many times over the course of nine days.
The actual St Jude Prayer
The text of the prayer is as follows:
Say this prayer nine times a day for nine days.
Why Do We Pray to St. Jude?
As mentioned above, whenever we pray to St. Jude, we’re asking for his intercession on our behalf: we’re asking him to take action for us.
When we pray to St. Jude, we are asking him to intercede on our behalf.
Why? Because maybe we’re struggling with something in our own lives, or maybe we know someone else who is.
We may not always understand why things are happening in our lives, but we can trust that Jude will help us if we ask him to.
What Are Some Things We Can Pray for When Using This Novena?
People use this novena for the widest imaginable range of “requests.” For example:
- You might use it to pray for strength in times of difficulty, or for guidance in making important decisions.
- Some people also ask St. Jude to intercede for special intentions, such as for a loved one who is struggling with addiction, or for someone who is facing a difficult situation.
- Lots of people use the St Jude novena to pray for someone’s health: it could be themselves, a loved one, or even someone they’ve never even met, but to whom they still feel a special connection.
More About Saint Jude, and His Own Difficulties
Saint Jude Thaddeus (his longer name) is also known as Saint Jude, the Apostle.
One of the Twelve Apostles, Saint Jude was born in Galilee and was a relative of Jesus.
His special “feast day” is celebrated on October 28.
His father was named Cleophas, and his mother was named Mary.
Saint Jude is believed to have been a carpenter like his father.
Saint Jude preached the Gospel in Judea, Samaria, Syria, Mesopotamia, Libya, and Egypt.
He also converted many people to Christianity.
Despite the difficulties he faced, Saint Jude lived his life according to his beliefs. He is an example of faith and perseverance, even in the face of adversity.
The St. Jude Prayer is a powerful novena that can help us overcome any obstacle we may face in life.
It reminds us that, like Saint Jude, we should never give up on God even when things are at their worst.
Through this prayer, we can find hope and strength in difficult times.
Thanks for reading!
Other interesting prayers
- The “Unfailing Prayer to St Anthony” is a popular prayer to Saint Anthony of Padua, often requesting assistance in finding lost items.
- Saying the St Joseph Prayer to sell your house is a technique that people have been using successfully for centuries. We show you how it works!
- We show you a variety of prayers for protection that can help people nurture a sense of safety and divine guidance in their lives.
- Archangel Raphael is often associated with joy, laughter, and signs of compassionate care for those who are in need.